a feisty outfit for 50 bucks

Thursday, December 6, 2012

I might have a slight obsession when it comes to leopard print. What can I say? It is classic, neutral, and adds that sassy side to any blah outfit. Can I get an Amen?

When Alisa asked me to create an outfit for under $50 my mind started racing with ideas. I think I burned more calories brainstorming ideas for this outfit than going to the gym. Yes, I love fashion that much. What did I turn to for inspiration? Why, Pinterest of course!

I know you have seen this fab picture roaming the streets, ehhhh pages, of Pinterest. Well she made the cut to be on my board and thanks to her, I created the purrrrfect outfit! Here is my inspiration pic.

via
Isn't her outfit adorbs?! Now the challenge was to find pieces in my closet that don't exceed $50. I would be lying if I said it wasn't tough. I may have had to use my accountant skills (did I mention that is my day job?) in calculating which cardi fit into the equation, literally.

At last, here is the final product:




Pants from Target $20.00 {here} // Shoes from market days $10.00 // Cardigan from Target (on sale) $7.68 // Leopard shirt from TJ Maxx $9.99

Total for outfit: $47.67!!

Excuse the excessive pictures. This is what you get when you ask an engineer to be a photog.

So, ladies and gents. There ya have it. For less than fifty smackaroos you can create the perfect outfit out of items found in your own closet! With a little number crunchin' and cardi-swappin' you can create the perfect outfit on a budget!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. SHUT UP!
    You are too stinkin' cuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I'm getting on the leopard print bandwagon little by little this year. - You're right, it adds a fun spot of pizazz to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed it. Thank goodness for Pinterest! Anything with leopard gets my vote!! Your pictures made me smile.

    ReplyDelete