"It looks like a butt!"

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Teachers aren't perfect. If you're sending your child to school thinking that their teacher is a saint, you've thought wrong. Do we always have what's best in mind for your child? Yes! But do we mess up occasionally? Yes, yes we do!

Case in point:

Last week I was going over some visual representations of some science vocabulary words with my kids. I had shown them beakers, which represent volume, and a triple beam balance, which represents mass, etc. when it was time to show them the visual representation for the vocabulary word molecule.

There I go projecting what I saw as a molecule. That was until it was blown up on my projector. And there it was, a giant butt, right there on my white board, projected as big as could be. I instantly died inside and thought, "Hopefully none of my kids have a mind like mine and they see a molecule..." They started shouting, "H2O!! H2O!" and then the room got silent.

I slowly started to rotate the picture as I am explaining to my kids what this picture could represent when all of a sudden one of my cherubs yells out, "It looks like a butt!!"

We died laughing. All of us. Tear forming, gut wrenching belly laughs. I was mortified, but, honestly, it was just what I needed at 1:55pm. It was classic and definitely a moment I will never forget. The genuine laughter coming from those 10 year old bellies made me realize that these silly cherubs get to be mine for an entire school year and with that comes silly moments like this.

Now I'll let you be the judge; butt, or molecule :)


Thoughts for Thursday

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is too funny!! I can totally see the butt... Haha! I imagine those are such great times to share with your students. I've wondered what it would be like to be a teacher!

    xo
    Lexi
    the-streetsofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - that is so funny!! I mean kids call it like they see it!! I think it's amazing the amount teachers put up with and in my mind - you all are saints!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Omg I laughed so hard! So funny! Young kids are so honest. You never know what is going to come out of their mouth next

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the minds of children! I miss teaching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be a great teacher who can laugh with her kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, I nominated you for an award, details are here: http://beckyboops.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/one-lovely-blog-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is hilarious! I can clearly picture the commotion it caused :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally a butt.. but that's a great story! And who couldn't resist laughing at a butt? Sounds like you're a great teacher!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at Bedazzles After Dark

    Enter my giveaway for $150 OCJ Apparel Gift Card here

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely a saint in my book!! Kids will say the first thing that comes to mind and I guess that was it! You are a great teacher to be able to laugh about it!

    ReplyDelete