A Random Reflection

Tuesday, December 9, 2014


Lately I've just been tired. School is tiring. Life is tiring. There are so many wonderful events happening this month that I get tired thinking about how I'm never going to catch up on sleep.

Then I reflect on this year and how wonderful it has been...and I get tired thinking about all the things we've done. Just kidding :)

I know we all feel worn down and think to ourselves, "When does life slow down?" But, I just don't think that it does! 

I remember thinking when we first go married, "We are so busy, all the time." People would say that things would slow down and they never have. We went and bought another house, moved, I changed jobs, life happened, and things have never really just slowed down.

As tired as I am, and how I urn to be able to sleep in past 7:00am on the weekends, I constantly think about how blessed I am. This year Chris and I have gone skiing in New Mexico, celebrated our two year wedding anniversary in San Francisco, went to West Point and NYC, and we still have so much more to go this month. There are countless things in between our bigger trips that I can't even recall, but I know this year could possibly go down as one of the best years of my life.

I've been so happy in my job. Working in accounting was miserable and I remember wondering if I would be stuck in that industry forever. God had other plans and I am so, so happy where I'm at with my fifth graders.

I've been so happy with my marriage. Things were not all rainbows and butterflies that first year, but now that we are two and a half years in I feel so happy. Chris makes me so happy. I cold gush about him all day, but he truly is the best guy for me and I know this coming year might be the best one yet. 

Our families make me so happy. I thought I hit the jackpot with my parents, then I got Chris's parents and I feel so blessed to have four people who love us more than life itself. 

When I started this post I was going to tell you that I was too tired to write anything, but I guess that changed. Well, the tired part didn't. I try to not complain about being tired and worn down. Working with kids all day is hard, but so rewarding. I never want my tired eyes to get in the way of seeing that they are just babies and need me. 

We are a mere 22 days from ringing in a New Year and I think it will take me all month just to process the fun this year has been count all my blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Life is tiring! I love how honest you are, I can definitely relate to things. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do career wise and just read about your career change and God sure does have a way of working everything out how it's suppose to! We just have to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on life and school being tiring. I haven't been blogging much because I'm exhausted every night. But I'm trying to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel it sometimes too....I get overwhelmed with just everything that goes on at once, but the moments where you slow down for that split second, it's amazing what is around you and amazing how you can reflect on the blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed life is tiring, but so rewarding. I wouldn't change it for anything! I can't believe the new year will be here before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you. I am really trying to enjoy these 2 weeks before Chrstmas. I need that. :) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete