Just What I Needed

Monday, September 26, 2016





This weekend was just what I needed. I feel like life is SO FULL right now, but also SO TIRING. My little Etsy shop is making all my dreams come true, but that isn't without late nights of hard work.

My little guy is possibly teething (?), possibly sleep regressing (?), possibly just going on a sleeping strike (?) and it has both Chris and I foggy eyed, but so gleeful at the same time.

Friday night we packed up and headed to my in-laws house. They live about an hour away and their community has this huge garage sale every year and we always score the best stuff.

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and were able to get some great toys for Graham, a garage shelving system that will help with organizing my signs, and a few other random things.

We shopped until we dropped, literally. Chris and I both took about a three hour nap while Nana was on baby duty. It felt so good because I was so tried.

Saturday afternoon we headed back home and just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday was all about Chris, Graham, and I. Graham woke up every. single. hour. Saturday night, so we watched church on the computer because it took all my strength to just get out of bed.

I also went to the grocery store bright and early, since G woke us up anyway, and after ringing up almost $200 worth of groceries, I reached in my purse only to find that I'd left my wallet in the diaper bag. Ugh! The lady said she could hold all the groceries and I could run home and that's when I remembered I had my check book! I wrote a check and the lady asked for my driver's license number and that's when the cashier at the next lane shouted how that was not acceptable. Ugh! I was almost in tears because I got four hours of broken sleep and that's when the nice guy behind me graciously paid for my groceries and I wrote him a check. There are still good people out there, people! I was sooo thankful and he said he totally understood the up all night thing. Thanks to the guy behind me!

The rest of Sunday was full of football, errands, chores, and napping. I walked in on G and Chris napping and I seriously sprinted to the couch in the other room and laid down so I could catch a little nap.

Now it is Monday and I really wish I had one more day with my family. The air is starting to cool off (high 80's people, high 80's!) and it is all rainy and there's nothing more I'd rather do than be cuddled on the couch snuggling my G baby.

But, this teacher's salary isn't going to pay itself, so off to wrangle my cherubs I go!

Happy Monday!

11 comments:

  1. What a blessing the guy behind you was since the grocery store wasn't going to be your friend. Boo to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. theres a book out there with a method for sleeping... the theory is to put baby to bed at 7 pm each night... he should sleep the whole night... you start your night night routine at @6.. give him a bath and story.. then he goes at 7 pm... no ifs ands or buts... the more he sleeps.. the more he will sleep... I'll get the title of the book.. but thats the gist of it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its called the sleep easy solution....all the moms here have used it.. and swear by it...

      Delete
    2. I'm going to order it on Amazon right now! Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. OH my goodness that guy behind you, how sweet, and I would have cried right there in the grocery line...We've all been there, it gets better, you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there little momma! Always love hearing stories about acts of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I would have cried for sure. Hope the sleeping gets better. I love your matching outfits in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's great that your Etsy shop is going well. And what a good Samaritan to pay for your groceries...that's a lot of money to risk losing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the perfect, refreshing weekend! How sweet of the guy to pay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO nice of him! I could have hugged him a million times!

      Delete