Big News!!

Monday, June 5, 2017

Good morning, friends!

I've been realllyyy absent from this little space of mine, and for good reason. Anyone who is a teacher, knows a teacher, or has kids in school knows how busy the end of the year is. There are activities almost every night of the week during the final weeks of school and that left me with no time to blog!

For the last four years I have been privileged to teach at a Title 1 school in Plano, Texas. Coming from the accounting world where I was doing multi-millionaire's taxes (in Plano), to teaching on the opposite side of (the same) town has been the most humbling experience I've ever been apart of.

I've taught kids who were homeless, in foster care, moved to the country less than a year ago, can't read, wear broken glasses, cry because of violence at home, have lost parents, and have witnessed things that NO ten year old should have to witness.

Everyday I went to school as Mrs. Tucker, but I was really mom, dad, aunt, uncle, grandma, grandpa, counselor, and then teacher to these kids. I was their everything.

With all the love that comes with teaching, there are also sacrifices, and those sacrifices have been very obvious this year. Pouring my heart and soul out each day for kids who literally have nothing left me emotionally and physically drained each and every day and that just isn't fair to Chris or Graham. We've ate a record three million bowls of cereal and had approximately 592 sandwiches for dinner the last year and that is not good for anyone.

So, with all that being said, I'm happy to announce that....


I will now be a stay at home mom!!!

I say that very loosely as my Etsy shop has taken off and left me extremely busy, another reason why the last year has been purely exhausting! I'm also looking forward to revamping this little space of mine in order to bring you all more consistent and relevant content.

Even though I am, honestly, a little hesitant to leave the classroom, I am really excited to be more present for Chris and Graham while he is little!

Thanks for reading and being patient with me as I get my life together, but I'm hoping to be back on a regular basis because FREEDOMMMM!!!

Have a great Monday!

18 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I've was a stay-at-home mom for my children and would never do it any other way if possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy we've made this decision! It's already been the best four days!

      Delete
  2. That is so exciting! Congrats on the next phase of life. I look forward to what the future holds for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!!! I am working on getting out of the Corporate America Accounting world and crossing fingers moving into the classroom. I have had to open a couple side businesses to make ends meet with the upcoming transition, but I know that I will be happier. ENJOY!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaching is THE best! You'll love it!

      Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy for you! Congrats on your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Can't wait to have daily adventures, hah!

      Delete
  5. So exciting! I've been a SAHM for the past 14 months (since my son was born last April) and it's definitely had it's ups and downs but I finally feel like I'm hitting my stride and striking a balance. I actually applied and got a great job a few weeks ago but ended up turning it down because it just didn't feel right to leave my little man just yet. You won't regret this time with your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! I was going to stay home last year, but the whole breastfeeding/sleepiness was making me insane, so I HAD to get out. Now, we are in a groove and it has already been SO fun!

      Delete
  6. YAY!! I am so excited (and a little jealous) of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan!! I may become jealous of you...and your ability to go pee without a small human staring at you :)

      Delete
  7. I know this is way late, but i'm catching up on my reading haha. Congratulations! So exciting for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!! I have been tying the figure out how people make those signs!! I have my cricut that I love and need to put it to use!!

    ReplyDelete